Five Reasons to Participate in National Food Day
Today, October 24th, is National Food Day; a day dedicated to achieving five food related goals:
1. To reduce diet-related disease by promoting healthy foods
2. To support sustainable farms and limit subsidies to agribusiness
3. To expand access to food and alleviate hunger
4. To protect the environment and animals by reforming factory farms
5. To promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids
Food Day events are happening all over the US! There are several occurring in the Manhattan and surrounding areas. Support fair conditions for food and farm workers and find a Food Day Event near you. Go to www.foodday.org to find out more.
Park Avenue Nutrition Wishes You A Happy Food Day!
-posted by Fiona