Park Avenue Nutrition Community Forum
October 21, 2017, 01:16:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diet pattern after having a teeth whitening procedure  (Read 214 times)
PERKIN

View Profile Email
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:18:43 AM »

Hey, I had a stained teeth and I started using tooth whiteners in order to make them white. I was happy with the results. But, I have noticed that my teeth have become more sensitive after I started using teeth whiteners. Also, my enamel has started becoming thin.
Is it because of the use of teeth whiteners? I have heard that teeth whitening products which have the higher percentage of carbamide peroxide can affect the hardness or mineral content of enamel surface.
So, I stopped using teeth whiteners and is planning to have a teeth whitening procedure from a clinic which offers family dental services in Whitby. Is it safe to have a teeth whitening procedure with a thin enamel? Will it worsen my tooth sensitivity?
Also, someone please suggest a diet pattern I must follow in order to have a whiter smile? Which is the diet pattern that I must follow after having a teeth whitening procedure?
Veruska

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 06:10:53 PM »

Teeth can become stained by factors including smoking, drinking red wine, coffee, and dark tea.  It is best to avoid these if you want to prevent staining of your teeth.  Also, acidic foods and drinks, such as soda, lemon, and even tomatoes, can erode the enamel and cause sensitivity.  Be sure to brush every day to minimize any staining or sensitivity.  Most teeth whitening kits, as well as dental tooth whitening procedures, generally involve the bleaching of the teeth.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: